About ILONA POSNER
User Experience & Usability Consultant with more than 25 years of experience in the area of Human-Computer Interaction, working on design and evaluation of web sites, software, hardware, mobile applications, and business strategies. An experienced educator teaching both university and professional development courses. Ilona holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science from the University of Toronto.
Ilona volunteers as Chair of Programming at ToRCHI Toronto Region Chapter of Special Interest Group in Computer-Human Interaction and organizing International Student Design Competitions at CHI and UPA conferences.
Usability Expert Reviews, Usability Evaluations, Usability Testing, User Experience Consultations, User Experience Evaluations, User Centered Design, Usability Consultations during Product Design & Development, Requirements Gathering, Stakeholders’ Analyses, Strategy Planning & Analysis, Product Development & Marketing Planning & Evaluation
Training & Teaching
Corporate Professional Development & Training in Usability, Teaching University Courses in Usability & User Centered Design, Intensive Courses on Prototyping & Usability Testing for Professional Design, Development, Marketing, Management, & QA Teams
Online Publications & Presentations
- World Usability Day 2018 at TorCHI.org, Presentation Nov. 2018: Design for Good or Evil the Power is in Our Hands. What about Ethics? Presentation VIDEO [24:02]
- ELEVATE PRODUCT Conference Invited Talk: Secrets of Great UX: Keyhole Impact for Better Product Experiences, Sept. 2018. Presentation VIDEO [18:46]
- Ilona’s War Story “First Stop the Bleeding” User research story with unusual challenges. Appearing on All this Chittah Chattah Blog by Stephen Portigal, Apr. 2013
- User Experience Design and Paper Prototyping Mobile Accelerator Project, Mobile Experience Innovation Centre, Toronto, Feb. 2013 [SLIDES]
- Transit Usability – Removing the Barriers, at www.ttrcc.org Tranforming Transportation: Economies & Communities Summit in Detroit, MI, Apr. 2011 [SLIDES]
- Video Interview OneDegreeCanada, Feb. 2009 WATCH INTERVIEW >>
- Podcast Interview with Karel Vredenburg, IBM User Experience Design, Dec. 2007 LISTEN TO PODCAST >>